Affected-families by ‘Henry’, ‘Inday’ now at 46.8K

MANILA — Adverse weather conditions brought about by Tropical Storm Henry and Severe Tropical Storm Inday have so far affected 46,877 families in 222 barangays in Ilocos, Central Luzon, Western Visayas, Calabarzon, Mimaropa, and the National Capital Region (NCR).

In an update released Friday night, National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) executive director Ricardo Jalad said the 46,877 families consist of 190,081 individuals.

Of these, 711 families or 2,581 persons are being assisted in 34 evacuation centers while 39,126 families or 166,322 individuals are receiving help outside evacuation centers.

According to Jalad, two persons have died so far – one in Mountain Province and the other in Batangas; one has gone missing in Cainta, Rizal; and another one was injured in Bontoc.

He also reported that 207 areas in Ilocos, Central Luzon, Calabarzon, Mimaropa, the Cordillera region and NCR were flooded.

Meanwhile, the Department of Social Welfare and Development and various local government units have extended PHP6,164,260 worth of assistance to affected families in Central Luzon, Western Visayas, and Mimaropa. (PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...