AFP takes alleged CPP-NPA supporters to task for disrupting traffic

MANILA — The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) is urging the public to take action against alleged supporters of the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army-National Democratic Front (CPP-NPA-NDF) for disrupting vehicular traffic at the crossing of EDSA and Aurora Boulevard, Cubao, Quezon City, Monday morning.

“The AFP enjoins the people in taking to task the CPP-NPA-NDF in its conduct of another rally that severely disrupted the flow of traffic and inconvenienced motorists plying EDSA on Monday,” AFP spokesperson Brig. Gen. Bienvenido Datuin said.

He added that this is not the first time NPA supporters have disrupted traffic while conducting rallies.

“Last month, individuals clad in red, posing as members of the NPA held a rally at Mendiola bridge in Manila on March 29 in time for the anniversary of the terror group. This also caused heavy traffic,” he added.

Also in March last year, a similar rally was held by individuals posing as NPA members that blocked traffic in EDSA.

“The ire they received from stranded motorists during their rally manifests the public’s exasperation on such disruption by the communist group,” Datuin added.

He also stresses that the public has grown tired of the repeated abuse of the democratic space by the CPP-NPA-NDF and its front organizations.

“As a common theme in their rallies in the past, their clamor always focus on human rights which they do not have respect for; and the resumption of peacetalks while the NPA, their armed wing conduct atrocities against the people,” the military official pointed out.

Datuin added that the AFP is calling the public to reject these disruptions and the terror activities of the CPP-NPA-NDF by calling out the communist group on their deceit and betrayal.

“The unified voice of the Filipino is needed in making them realize their eroded credibility,” he pointed out. (Priam Nepomuceno/PNA)

Popular

Myanmar’s junta chief to head to Bangkok summit as quake toll surpasses 3,000

By Agence France-Presse The head of Myanmar's junta is expected to travel to Bangkok on Thursday for a regional summit, as the death toll from...

PBBM reciprocates VP Sara’s gratitude on helping her mend ties with dad

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency “Glad I could help.” This was the response of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr., according to Palace Press...

Purchase of US fighter jets vital to boost PH defense – ES Bersamin

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency Executive Secretary Lucas Bersamin on Thursday, April 3, said the planned procurement of fighter jets from the...

Recto says use of PhilHealth funds to spare PH from new debts

By Benjamin Pulta | Philippine News Agency Finance Secretary Ralph Recto on Wednesday defended the transfer of idle and unused Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth)...