Albay expecting full delivery of 55-ton UAE-donated food items

Food items from the 55-ton food item donation of the United Arab Emirates to the Province of Albay, June 13, 2023. (Courtesy: Governor Edcel “Grex” Lagman/Facebook)

By Alec Go

The provincial government of Albay said it is expecting this Wednesday, June 14, the completion of the delivery of the 55 tons of food items donated by the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for those affected by the activities of the Mayon Volcano.

The remainder of the first batch of food items will be delivered by three trucks. Repacking of the goods is set in the coming days.

Among the content of the food donations are cooking oils, rice, pasta, flour, sugar, canned tuna, salt, tomato paste, milk and tea powders, dates, and dry foul.

Albay Governor Grex Lagman said the donated food items will be utilized even in the following years.

“Handa po tayo to absorb all [these] goods. This goods will be accounted for. Yung DSWD ang magiging lead agency at magmomonitor dahil ang mga ito ay dapat mapunta talaga sa mga nangangailangan,” he said.

The donation came from the Royal Family and the government of UAE after learning of the situation in Albay from Interior and Local Government Secretary Benjamin Abalos Jr.

Mayon Volcano remains under Alert Level 3 or “intensified unrest/magmatic unrest.”

More than 9,000 families have been affected so far, according to the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council.

A state of calamity has been declared in the entire province. – gb

Popular

Palace slams attempt against NegOr contractor, vows to dismantle espionage networks

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Amid consecutive developments arising from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s revelation of ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood control projects in his 4th...

Student Beep card with 50% discount available starting Sept. 1 —DOTr

By Brian Campued The Department of Transportation (DOTr) is set to roll out white and personalized Beep cards to make commuting more convenient and more...

Palace: China cannot stop PH from asserting its territorial rights

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Friday reiterated that the Philippines will not be deterred in its efforts to defend its territorial and maritime interests in...

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...