Andanar: Digong 8888 hotline’ tv show a ‘level up’ in addressing gov’t inefficiencies

PR/via Daniel Manalastas – PTV News

The new television show featuring concerned citizens’ complaints on public services will amplify solutions to address the remaining inefficiencies and corrupt practices of the government, Communications Secretary Martin Andanar said on Thursday.

State-run People’s Television Network 4 (PTV) will launch the “Digong 8888 Hotline,” next week. It will be the television extension of President Rodrigo Duterte’s Citizens’ Complaint Hotline 8888 which allows the public to report any forms of corruption and inefficiency by any government services.

Andanar considered the program as a “level up,” in effectively addressing the public’s concerns.

“Ito po yung re-launching ng programa sa telebisyon. Dito ipapakita sa mga kababayan natin kung ano po yung ginagawa ng 8888 at ng pamahalaang Duterte para masawata ang kurapsyon [at] para masulusyonan ang inefficiency ng ating gobyerno,” he said in an interview on DZAR Sonshine News Radio.

Andanar said that the show’s pilot episode will air on July 11, aired every Thursday from 2:00-3:00 PM.

The weekly program will be hosted by Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo, along with the Office of the Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Assistant Secretary Kris Roman, and PTV-4 news anchor Trixie Jaafar.

Every episode will tackle the public’s queries or grievances directed to the featured agency, sourced from field interviews, social media, and case studies from the Presidential Complaint Center (PCC).

“Ito ngayon ay sasalain, yung mga cases na ibabato sa telebisyon…depende sa kaso,” Andanar said.

“Halimbawa, yung kaso kurapsyon. Iisang topic yan. Kung ang kaso ay ang mabagal na pag-proseso ng mga papeles, ibang topic naman yan…tapos yung mga solusyon din na mga ginawa,” Sec. Andanar explained.

President Duterte institutionalized the 8888 Citizens’ Complaint Hotline and established the PCC through Executive Order No. 6 In October 2016.

It is a 24/7 service that accommodates requests for support in complaints and grievances towards government agencies through calls, text messaging, emails and personal visits. Since then the PCC, frontline service of the Office of the President, has received numerous complaints likewise provided assistance and information.

Popular

AFP: VP security group reorganized, not disbanded

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) clarified that the Vice Presidential Security and Protection Group (VPSPG)...

Myanmar quake death toll passes 3,300: state media

By Agence France-Presse The death toll from a major earthquake in Myanmar has risen above 3,300, state media said Saturday (April 5), as the United...

Filipinos nabbed in China ordinary citizens with no military training

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora | Philippine News Agency The National Security Council (NSC) has expressed alarm over the arrest of three Filipino nationals for...

PH Contingent lends helping hand on rescue, medical ops in quake-hit Myanmar

By Brian Jules Campued The Philippine Inter-Agency Humanitarian Contingent (PIAHC) on Friday continued to assist in rescue and medical operations in Myanmar as the Southeast...