Another landslide in Cavite blocks major highway

CALAMBA CITY, Laguna – Another landslide struck a portion of the major road connecting the Cavite towns of Alfonso and Indang via the Luksuhin Road (K0058+750) in Barangay Tambo Malaki in Indang on Tuesday.

Olivia Luces, the director of the Office of Civil Defense in Calabarzon and the Regional Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council head, said the landslide spilled out fallen trees and debris that covered half of the road.

Luces said the other lane, however, remains passable as the Department of Public Works and Highways engineers and local personnel have started clearing the road as of 1 p.m. Tuesday.

She also reported that the Kaybiang Tunnel Road connecting Ternate, Cavite to Nasugbu, Batangas in Barangay Sapang 1 on Ternate’s side remains impassable as of 1 p.m. Tuesday after a landslide struck earlier in the day due to loosened soil from continuous heavy rains.

District engineering offices have been alerted and deployed for clearing operations as their heavy equipment and assets are on stand-by to ensure that nationals roads and bridges are passable.

Meanwhile, the local disaster risk reduction and management office personnel are now stationed near the landslide site to advice motorists to take another route as the area is highly susceptible to landslide triggered by continuous rains.

Motorists bound for Batangas are advised to take the Aguinaldo Highway while the clearing operations are being undertaken to ensure road safety. (Saul Pa-a/PNA)

Popular

DOJ tasks PNP, NBI to ‘effect the arrest’ of Bato

By Brian Campued “We’re pursuing this so that the ends of justice may be achieved.” The Department of Justice (DOJ) has given the greenlight for law...

PH earns 76/100 transparency score in int’l survey

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “These achievements are encouraging. For us in government, these however, are not the destination.” In his keynote speech on Wednesday, Department of...

PBBM to LGUs: Ensure efficient use of budget for community empowerment

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Wednesday urged local government units (LGUs) to ensure the prudent and...

ICC warrant vs. Bato ‘valid’ after SC rejection of TRO request —Palace

By Brian Campued The warrant of arrest issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa is “valid,” according to Palace...