Anti-crime group to help secure in Antique

SAN JOSE De BUENAVISTA, Antique – Volunteer members of the Alyansang kabarangay laban sa Krimen (AK47) have vowed to help secure the peace and order in the province of Antique by providing the police with vital information gathered from their respective barangays (villages).

Antique Provincial Board Member Pio Jessielito Sumande, founder of the AK47 and member of the Antique Provincial Peace and Order Council (APPOC), said the organization started in his hometown of Hamtic, which has 47 barangays, in 2006.

“Through the information gathered by the AK47, we were able to provide the police with vital information that led to their successful operations,” Sumande said.

He said the APPOC is now acknowledging the important contributions of the AK47, which is expanding its operations province-wide.

Antique Governor Rhodora Cadiao has expressed support to the anti-crime volunteer organization as she led the oath-taking of its new members at the ANIAD Building on Monday.

In her message, Cadiao said that as information gatherers “they will be the eyes and ears of the province in their barangays”.

She cited as example the timely information provided by civilians agains ISIL-affiliated militants, led by members of the Abu Sayyaf in Inabanga, Bohol that led to the successful operation of Philippine security forces last year. (Annabel Consuelo Petinglay/PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...