Antique gov belies suspension order

SAN JOSE DE BUENAVISTA, Antique — Antique Governor Rhodora J. Cadiao belied reports circulating through the social media that she was suspended from her government post.

Cadiao told capitol employees during the Monday flag-raising ceremony that she was in Manila last week for the Aliwan Festival and to follow up some projects at the Department of Health Central Office with Provincial Health Officer Dr. Ric Noel Naciongayo.

“This is to inform you that there is no big, serious accusation hurdled against your governor,” Cadiao told employees.

She said that the “fake news” was circulated only by disgruntled capitol employees and her political opponents as a form of harassment and to destabilize her governance.

Department of Interior and Local Government Cherryly Tacda, during a media interview last week, said that she has not received nor of knowledge of any suspension order against the governor.

Tacda said that since it is election period there is no suspension order that could be served to the governor and if there is any it would be Regional Director Anthony Nuyda who will serve it.

Cadiao urged those behind the fake news to stop it for the sake of progress of the province.

“Antique is now considered as the Rising Star of Western Visayas,” the governor said, adding that the first time participation of the Binirayan Tribe to the Aliwan Festival really brought so much pride to Antiquenos.

“Although we placed fifth in the Aliwan but the performance of our tribe was really amazing and many Antiquenos in Manila were real proud,” Cadiao said.

She said that there were 17 tribes from different places all over the country that participated in the Aliwan Festival in Manila. (Annabel Consuelo Petinglay/PNA)

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...