Antique guv assures availability of funds for village, SK projects

SAN JOSE De BUENAVISTA, Antique — The provincial government of Antique has assured funds to barangay (village) and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) officials regardless of their political affiliations.

During an interview with the media on Monday, Antique Governor Rhodora Cadiao said that the province has the internal revenue allocation (IRA), income from quarry permits, and other sources of income which could be shared to the barangays and SK projects.

“Please come to my office,” she said, noting that village and SK executives are welcome to drop by the provincial hall to discuss their concerns.

Cadiao said that during the past two weeks, she had been almost out of her capitol office because of the request for her to administer the oath of office of the newly-elected barangay and SK officials.

“The elected officials were so excited to assume office,” she said.

The newly-elected barangay and SK officials assumed post noon time of June 30.

Cadiao and Antique’s incumbent congressman Paolo Everardo Javier belong to different political parties that is why there is a divided loyalty among the barangay and even SK officials. (Annabel Consuelo Petinglay/PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...