Auto sales down by 9.7% in September

MANILA — The sales of automotive vehicles in September this year posted a 9.7-percent decrement to 31,116 units from 34,445 unit sales, a joint report released Thursday by the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines (CAMPI) and Truck Manufacturers Association (TMA) revealed.

Both passenger car and commercial vehicle segments declined in sales by 10.2 percent and 9.4 percent, respectively, last month.

The passenger car segment sold a total of 9,441 units in September 2018, lower than the 10,516 units sold in the same month last year.

Sales of commercial vehicles in the previous month also slowed down to 21,675 units from 23,929 units in September 2017.

On the other hand, month-on-month sales improved by 2.6 percent in September from 30,313 units in August this year.

CAMPI President Rommel Gutierrez said vehicle manufacturers are bringing new models to the market to drive the growth of vehicle sales until the end of the year.

It was in August that CAMPI and TMA registered its first growth in sales following eight straight months of decline in unit sales. “We remain optimistic that this trend will be sustained before the year ends,” Gutierrez said.

Meanwhile, sales from January to September 2018 still posted a decline of 13.8 percent to 261,057 units from 302,869 units sold in the same period last year. (Kris Crismundo/PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...