Bacolod cops seize P1-M in drugs, file 148 cases

BACOLOD CITY — The Bacolod City Police has seized PHP1,017,184 worth of illegal drugs and filed 148 drug cases since the resumption of the police’s war on drugs last December 23.

Data showed that as of Friday, 75.43 grams of “shabu” and 40.71 grams of marijuana with a street value of PHP755,804 were confiscated between Dec. 23, 2017 and Jan. 31, 2018, while 26.13 grams of shabu worth PHP261,380 were seized from February 1 to 6.

During the period, the Bacolod Police filed 129 cases and 19 cases, respectively.

Between Dec. 23 last year and Feb. 6, a total of 54 operations were conducted, resulting in the arrest of 90 drug personalities.

From Feb. 1 to 6 alone, seven operations were conducted by personnel of Police Stations 2, 7 and 10, leading to the apprehension of 16 persons.

Senior Supt. Francisco Ebreo, Bacolod City Police officer-in-charge, said in a statement that as the campaign against illegal drugs continues, the police are asking for the full support and cooperation of the community.

Meanwhile, following the relaunch of “Oplan Double Barrel Reloaded” on Jan. 29, personnel from various police stations here visited 63 houses and revisited 100 others.

The Tokhang operations, as of Feb. 6, yielded 74 drug surrenderers, including 41 newly-identified personalities, who voluntarily gave themselves up.

There were also 32 street-level targets and one high-value target. (Nanette Guadalquiver/PNA)

Popular

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...