Bacolod police to carry out 24-hour mobile patrol

BACOLOD CITY – The Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO), through the Mobile Patrol Group (MPG), will strengthen its visibility operations to also secure businesses operating at night.

Sr. Supt. Francisco Ebreo, officer-in-charge of BCPO, said over the weekend that three shifts of overlapping teams will be deployed for 24 hours.

Previously, the mobile patrol deployment was only from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

“Through this deployment scheme, we can ensure that police are available whenever they are needed most,” Ebreo said.

According to the Metro Bacolod Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MBCCI), 30 to 40 percent of business establishments in the city operate at night.

Ensuring peace and order during this time should be a priority of the police, the business group said.

Frank Carbon, chief executive officer of MBCCI, said the BCPO should revisit its crime map and work on areas that need improvement.

“Peace and order is very vital in the growth of business industry.

Authorities should assure the business sector that they are always on top of this,” he added.

Ebreo said the police is stepping up efforts to engage all sectors, including the business community, in the campaign against criminality.
He also urged local businesses to always conduct a background check of the employees they hire.

Ebreo said establishments should not hire personnel without police clearance.

“By checking the background of the employees, we can prevent the common inside job cases,” the police chief said.

Mayor Evelio Leonardia earlier directed the police to ensure peace and order to make the Bacolodnons feel safe.

Leonardia said the city government wants to preserve the image that Bacolod is business-friendly and a city which provides a climate conducive for growth and development.

“We have to create a sense of security for our constituents to feel that our police are working and Bacolod is secured,” the mayor added. (PNA)

Popular

AFP: VP security group reorganized, not disbanded

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) clarified that the Vice Presidential Security and Protection Group (VPSPG)...

Myanmar quake death toll passes 3,300: state media

By Agence France-Presse The death toll from a major earthquake in Myanmar has risen above 3,300, state media said Saturday (April 5), as the United...

Filipinos nabbed in China ordinary citizens with no military training

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora | Philippine News Agency The National Security Council (NSC) has expressed alarm over the arrest of three Filipino nationals for...

PH Contingent lends helping hand on rescue, medical ops in quake-hit Myanmar

By Brian Jules Campued The Philippine Inter-Agency Humanitarian Contingent (PIAHC) on Friday continued to assist in rescue and medical operations in Myanmar as the Southeast...