BARMM execs refute corruption allegations vs. Lagdameo

Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) logo.

By Che Palicte | Philippine News Agency

Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) officials have denounced allegations of corruption hurled at Special Assistant to the President (SAP) Antonio Ernesto Lagdameo Jr. by former Technical Education and Skills Development Authority Secretary Suharto “Teng” Mangudadatu.

“These libelous claims are entirely fabricated and are filled with ill intent,” BARMM Chief Minister Ahod Ebrahim said in a statement on Tuesday.

Ebrahim said the Bangsamoro government is studying legal remedies against “those who continue to malign its officers without evidence.”

“As Chief Minister of the BARMM, I firmly denounce the false claims of corruption in the Bangsamoro Government that besmirch the name of Special Assistant to the President Antonio Lagdameo Jr.,” Ebrahim said.

As the BARMM’s first parliamentary elections draw near, Ebrahim called on the public to veer away from personal attacks and false accusations.

Maguindanao del Norte OIC Governor Abdulraof Macacua also came to Lagdameo’s defense, refuting the claims that the presidential aide was coercing local BARMM officials to switch political alliances.

In an interview with Kutangbato News, Macacua clarified that the United Bangsamoro Justice Party (UBJP) had already formed a coalition with the Partido Federal ng Pilipinas (PFP) even before Lagdameo became involved.

“There is no such thing as forcing the local officials. In fact, the mayors are here,” Macacua said, pointing out that various gatherings of mayors in BARMM had taken place without Lagdameo’s presence.

Rajah Buayan, Maguindanao del Sur Mayor Yacob Lumenda Ampatuan also echoed Macacua’s statements, affirming that there had been no undue pressure on local officials regarding their political affiliations.

Ebrahim urged the public to work together for a peaceful, honest and credible first parliamentary elections in the BARMM.

“Let us continue to serve the Bangsamoro with pure hearts and sincere intentions,” he added.

Popular

Palace lauds rude Russian vlogger’s arrest; persona non grata declaration looms

By Filane Mikee Cervantes | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Friday lauded law enforcement agencies for their swift action in arresting Russian-American vlogger Vitaly Zdorovetskiy,...

Myanmar’s junta chief to head to Bangkok summit as quake toll surpasses 3,000

By Agence France-Presse The head of Myanmar's junta is expected to travel to Bangkok on Thursday for a regional summit, as the death toll from...

PBBM reciprocates VP Sara’s gratitude on helping her mend ties with dad

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency “Glad I could help.” This was the response of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr., according to Palace Press...

Purchase of US fighter jets vital to boost PH defense – ES Bersamin

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency Executive Secretary Lucas Bersamin on Thursday, April 3, said the planned procurement of fighter jets from the...