Bernal tapped anew to direct PRRD’s 4th SONA

By Jose Cielito Reganit/Philippine News Agency

Television and movie Director Joyce Bernal

MANILA — Film and television director Joyce Bernal has been tapped anew to direct President Rodrigo Duterte’s State of the Nation Address (SONA) on July 22.

This was confirmed Wednesday by officials of the Radio Television Malacañang (RTVM) during the second coordination meeting with members of the media for Duterte’s fourth SONA.

Bernal, who is known for directing comedy, romance and drama films, also directed the President’s third SONA last year.

She succeeded award-winning filmmaker Brillante Mendoza, who directed President Duterte’s first two SONAs.

Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Martin Andanar earlier said it was the President himself who approved Bernal as the director for his third SONA.

Andanar said it was actor Robin Padilla who recommended the award-winning film and television director for the job, which the Chief Executive approved.

He also revealed that Bernal offered her service for the third SONA free of charge.

For the latest updates about this story, visit the Philippine News Agency website

Popular

Palace urges discipline amid crisis on improper waste disposal

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Metro Manila does not face a garbage crisis but a crisis in improper waste disposal, Executive Secretary...

Logistics pact to boost provision of supplies, services between PH, Japan forces —DND

By Brian Campued The Philippines and Japan’s defense ties continue to deepen as the Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA) entered into force Saturday, establishing a...

Drop in poverty incidence affirms effective gov’t programs

By Jose Cielito Reganit | Philippine News Agency The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) believes the historic drop in poverty incidence to 9.7%...

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...