‘Biggest’ Serbisyo Caravan serves Filipino workers in Dubai

Photo courtesy: OWWA

By Marita Moaje | Philippine News Agency

The Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) reported over 10,000 government transactions delivered during the Serbisyo Caravan for Filipino workers in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, marking the largest turnout so far in the program’s international rollout.

The DMW said 10,765 transactions were completed for over 4,000 overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) at the Bagong Bayani ng Mundo-OFW Serbisyo Caravan held at the Dubai World Trade Center on Sunday.

“Napakalaki po ng naging turnout dito sa Dubai. Pinakamalaki sa lahat ng ating Serbisyo Caravan sa iba’t ibang bansa tulad ng Hong Kong, Japan, Qatar, at Riyadh,” DMW Undersecretary Jainal Rasul Jr. said, as quoted in a news release late Monday.

“Ito po ay malinaw na patunay ng pangangailangan ng ating mga OFWs para sa direktang serbisyo ng gobyerno,” he added.

The Serbisyo Caravan is part of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directive to bring government services closer to the people, including OFWs, under the administration’s One Country Team Approach, a whole-of-government strategy for overseas Filipinos.

Among the government services availed of were the issuance of Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) E-cards, National IDs, and civil registry documents such as birth, marriage and death certificates, and Certificates of No Marriage Record.

The high volume of clients and high demand for services prompted OWWA and the Philippine Statistics Authority/Philippine Identification System to extend their services and continue processing registrations at the Migrant Workers Office in Dubai until Tuesday.

Other services offered were business and financial literacy programs, franchising opportunities, psychosocial counseling, and legal assistance.

Philippine Ambassador Alfonso Ver, meanwhile, expressed gratitude to the UAE for its inclusivity toward Filipino workers, while reiterating the Philippine government’s commitment to look after the welfare and protection of the rights of the OFWs.

“Lubos po kaming nagpapasalamat sa bansang ito sa pagiging bukas at mapagbigay. Dito, nabibigyan ang bawat Pilipino ng pagkakataong magtagumpay at maabot ang kanilang mga pangarap. Kaya naman minarapat ng inyong pamahalaan, sa pangunguna ni Pangulong Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr., na ilapit sa inyo ang mga serbisyo ng gobyerno at ipadama ang pagkalinga at pagmamahal ng Inang Bayan,” he said.

The DMW said more rounds of caravans are being planned for Filipino communities in the UAE and other countries in response to the growing demand for government services. (PNA)

Popular

Torre says he has no ill feelings towards PBBM, DILG chief following relief 

By Brian Campued “Look at me straight in the eye, do I look like somebody who is bitter?” This was the response of former Philippine National...

PBBM to visit Cambodia, attend UN General Assembly

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. will embark on a state visit to Cambodia and later attend the...

PBBM eyes different gov’t post for Torre, Palace confirms

By Brian Campued President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is offering former Philippine National Police (PNP) chief PGen. Nicolas Torre III a different position in the...

‘Organic, real people’: Gomez belies claims that PCO pays for reactors, vloggers

By Brian Campued Presidential Communications Office (PCO) acting Secretary Dave Gomez on Tuesday stressed that the PCO does not pay reactors and vloggers to support...