‘Bikoy,’ social media platforms sued over narco-list video

By Benjamin Pulta/Philippine News Agency

MANILA — Elizaldy Co, one of various personalities named in the “Ang Totoong Narco List” video, filed a defamation case and a PHP1-billion damage suit against Peter Joemel Advincula, alias “Bikoy”, and various social media platforms.

“By his own admission, Bikoy said everything in the viral video series that implicates me, Misibis Bay Resort and other personalities are pure fabrication. While my family and I are happy that this episode is finally over, our fight to clear our tarnished name and reputation continues,” Co said in a statement sent to newsmen Thursday.

In separate complaints before the Legazpi City Prosecutors’ Office last May 14, Co and the Misibis Bay resort management sought the criminal indictment of the respondents for cyber libel.

The complaint also named Facebook Philippines, represented by country director John Rubio and Google Philippines as owner of YouTube, through its country manager Kenneth Lingan.

Co said his resort’s operation had been severely affected by the “Bikoy” videos.

“Evidently, my good name, business reputation and social standing, as well as the good name, business reputation and good will of Misibis Bay Resort, as well as its owner, Misibis Resort and Hotel Management Inc. which were painstakingly built through the years, were gravely tarnished, irreparably tainted and/or unduly smeared as a result of the publication of the subject video,” he added.

In the “Ang Totoong Narco-list” videos, a particular basement inside the facility has been alleged as being used as drugs laboratory, which the Misibis Bay management earlier denied.

Aside from President Rodrigo Duterte, among the personalities that Bikoy implicated in the illegal drugs operations through the videos were presidential son Paolo Duterte, his brother-in-law Maneses Carpio and former presidential aide, Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go.

The video, Co said, has prompted some banking institutions to raise questions on his credit worthiness.

For the latest updates about this story, visit the Philippine News Agency website

Popular

No need for PBBM to monitor ICC proceedings vs. FPRRD

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency There is no need for President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to monitor the International Criminal Court’s (ICC)...

Binondo drum murder ‘mastermind’ a Chinese nat’l —Taiwan office in PH

By Brian Campued The alleged mastermind in the so-called Binondo drum murder is a Chinese national, the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines...

Public warned vs. ash fall as Kanlaon erupts anew

By Brian Campued Authorities advised residents in Negros Oriental and Negros Occidental to be cautious of possible ashfall emitted by Kanlaon Volcano after it erupted...

PBBM focused on governance, no plans yet for 2028 polls —Palace

By Brian Campued President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. remains unfazed amid Vice President Sara Duterte’s announcement to run for president in 2028, Malacañang said, noting...