Bong Go to tell all at Senate probe

MANILA — Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque on Sunday said Special Assistant to the President Christopher “Bong” Go will reveal all during the Senate probe on the controversial frigate deal Monday, adding he’s confident all information Go have are “facts.”

“Ang dadalhin po ni SAP Bong Go doon ay katotohanan lamang, isisiwalat niya ang lahat, wala po kaming tinatago, kung mayroong kapalpakan po diyan sigurado po kami, hindi po iyan responsibilidad ng administrasyon ni Presidente Rodrigo Duterte dahil ang crucial na isyu po dito, mayroon pang kababalaghan doon sa pagpili doon sa Hyundai,” he said.

“At iyong proseso nga po malinaw na malinaw sa timeline, ang namili po ng Hyundai ay ang administrasyon ni Presidente (Benigno) Aquino III,” he added.

Roque was referring to the Philippine Navy’s PHP16-billion Frigate Acquisition Project (FAP) and Go’s supposed intervention in the deal which drew flak and triggered Senate to call for an inquiry.

Meanwhile, Roque, who will be attending the probe with Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II said there’s no need to have an executive session since Go has nothing to hide.

“Malinaw na malinaw po sa mga dokumento na kung mayroong pagkakamali sa pag-award diyan sa Hyundai ay ang nag-award po niyan ay bids and awards committee noong nakalipas na administrasyon.”

Per the Presidential Spokesperson Roque, the project was completed during the Aquino administration and was just signed on Oct. 24, 2016, during the term of Duterte. (PNA)

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...