BSP’s peso rediscount facility availments up 500% in end-Feb.

By Joann Villanueva/PNA

MANILA — Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas’ (BSP) Peso Rediscount Facility availments jumped 500.6 percent to PHP34.895 billion in the first two months of 2019 against PHP5.81 billion during the same period last year.

Data released by the BSP Tuesday showed that bulk or 57.97 percent was extended to Other Credits namely capital asset expenditures, 40.61 percent; permanent working capital, 11.92 percent; and loans to other services, 5.44 percent.

The balance is accounted for by commercial credits, 42.03 percent. Specifically, share of loans for importation is 31.18 percent while loans for trading goods is 10.85 percent of the total.

“There was no availment under the EDYRF (Exporters Dollar and Yen Facility) for the period ending 28 February 2019,” the BSP said.

In the same period last year, 71.86 percent of the Peso Rediscount Facility availments was extended to Other Credits namely capital asset expenditure, 67.78 percent; permanent working capital, 3.94 percent; housing, 0.09 percent; and other services, 0.05 percent.

The balance of 28.10 percent was extended to commercial credits while share of production credits is 0.04 percent.

EDYRF was not also tapped during the same period.

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...