C. Luzon cops arrest 162 wanted persons in one week

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency

MANILA – Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Gen. Dionardo Carlos on Wednesday, Mar. 9, lauded the Police Regional Office in Central Luzon (PRO-3) for its significant gains in tracking down wanted persons in its intensified Simultaneous Anti-Criminality Law Enforcement Operations (SACLEO) last week.

Citing the report of PRO-3 director, Brig. Gen. Matthew Baccay, Carlos said a total of 162 most wanted persons were among the 565 individuals arrested in the region from Feb. 28 to Mar. 6.

The figure also includes 60 persons wanted for various crimes ranging from murder, rape, and frustrated murder; 125 illegal gambling suspects; 187 illegal drug suspects, and 31 violators of local ordinances and other special laws.

In the same period, authorities seized 431.52 grams of shabu worth P2.8 million; close to 3,000 grams of marijuana worth P359,764; six assorted loose firearms and bet money worth P51,198. (PNA) – bny

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...