CAB to launch mobile app showing real-time flight data

MANILA — The Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB) will launch on Dec. 21 a mobile app that will show real-time flight data.

“I want to improve the air passenger experience. We’re using digital technology to improve the passengers’ experience,” CAB Director Carmelo Arcilla said during the first “Kapihan sa NAIA” forum on Wednesday.

Arcilla said the upcoming app is Phase 2 of CAB’s mobile app program initiative.

“This (new app) would be very important because it would contain real-time information about canceled and delayed flights,” he said.

The executive added this is a major milestone in terms of giving the riding public access to important data.

Earlier this month, CAB launched the Air Passenger Bill of Rights (APBR) mobile app, enabling passengers to know their basic rights, as well as connect directly to the APBR hotline.

The APBR app provides the users with a glimpse of their basic rights, plus their entitlements, especially in cases of flight delays or cancellations.

CAB chief legal officer, Wyrlou Samodio, earlier told the Philippine News Agency (PNA) the app was launched to bring CAB closer to the public.

Samodio noted that APBR app users can connect directly to CAB agents, since the app is interactive and connects the users directly to the CAB chat box and the APBR hotline. (Ma. Cristina Arayata/PNA)

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...