Cavite logs slow vax rate at 16%

Cavite Governor Jonvic Remulla attributes slow vaccination rate due to insufficient allocation of vaccines for the province.

In a Laging Handa public briefing on Monday (August 9), Gov. Remulla said Cavite province has only vaccinated 16.7% of its target population for the past four months since the vaccine rollout started.

“Ang vaccination rate namin ay 16.7% pa lamang. As it (vaccine) arrives, na-a-administer kaagad namin, but the supply is very low. We’ve been vaccinating for 4% a month…Aabot tayo ng another 20 months bago kami magkaroon ng herd immunity,” Remulla said.

He added that out of the 2,441,502 eligible persons to be vaccinated in Cavite, only 407,864 individuals were fully vaccinated.

Remulla said they have reiterated their desire to procure 1.5 million doses of Novavax COVID-19 vaccines, and another 1 million vaccine doses by early next year to achieve population protection in Cavite.

As of Sunday (August 8), the latest number of active COVID-19 cases in the province is 6,263, after recording an additional 347 new cases.

Moreso, Gov. Remulla said there are 250 vehicles from the Philiippine National Police (PNP) that are deployed around the province to monitor the movements of the residents.

“Naka-deploy ngayon ang over 250 vehicles ng PNP para i-monitor ang mga movements ng tao. So far, very compliant naman ang nasa lalawigan ko. Ang mino-monitor namin ay ang movement ng mga tao na hindi APOR,” Remulla said. – Report from Patrick de Jesus / CF-rir

Watch the video report here:

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...