Cebu Capitol allots P2.5-M for anti-drugs campaign

CEBU CITY — The Cebu Provincial Anti-Drug Abuse Office (CPADAO) has allocated PHP2.5 million for the campaign against illegal drugs in the province.

This, after the CPADAO welcomed the reactivation of the Philippine National Police (PNP) as the lead agency in the government’s battle against drugs.

CPADAO chief Ivy Durano-Meca said it’s better to have the PNP’s involvement in the anti-drugs operation as the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) had very limited manpower to effectively curb the illegal drugs trade in Cebu province.

Meca said although the PDEA had been successful in the apprehension of high value targets and some narco politicians, the agency really needs the police to reduce or completely eradicate the supply of drugs.

Meca said the PHP2.5 million had been earmarked as operations fund to help police authorities in their campaign next year.

The allocation of funds would depend on the project proposals of the different police stations and units of the Cebu Provincial Police Office, Meca said.

Meca said the number of drug surrenderers would surely increase next year with the re-implementation of Oplan Tokhang in the province.(With reports from Michelle Bugtai/PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...