Cebu to allow fully vaxxed street vendors’ daily operations

Around 1,500 street vendors in Cebu City may be able to return to their daily operations after the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) gave its approval on the city government’s appeal.

The resumption of operations will only cover fully vaccinated vendors, and is subject to the strict implementation of health protocols in designated areas.

The recent development is in bid to curb transmission and boost COVID-19 vaccination in the city.

“Only those fully vaccinated lamang ang makakabalik sa pagtitinda. Ibinibigay natin ‘yan bilang insentibo sa kanila para [maengganyo] rin ibang mga vendor na magpabakuna,” Cebu City PROBE team chief Raquel Arce said.

Partially vaccinated individuals are still permitted to operate four days a week. There are around 500 fully vaccinated street vendors in the city.

It can be recalled that the DILG conducted clearing operations in 2019 along sidewalks in compliance with President Rodrigo Duterte’s instructions.

Meanwhile, the city government has been conducting cleaning operations in cemeteries in preparation for All Saints’ Day and All Souls’ Day.

Around 60 quarantine violators were directed by authorities to help in Carreta Cemetery.

“For those na walang pera para maiwasan natin ang isyu na anti-poor, hindi rin natin sila bibigyan ng libre, didisiplinahin pa rin natin sila. At the same, makakatulong din sila sa paglilinis sa siyudad ng Cebu,” Arce said.

A four-hour community service is imposed on violators who cannot pay a P1,000 fine.Report from Joan Aroa (PTV Cebu)/AG-rir

Watch the full report here:

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...