China eyes to set up industrial park in PH within 2018-2019

MANILA — China eyes to establish its first industrial park in the country within the year or next year, Chinese Ambassador to the Philippines Zhao Jianhua said Thursday.

On the sidelines of China International Import Expo Information Mission, Zhao told reporters that China aims the first industrial park here to be larger than its eight industrial parks in Southeast Asia.

He said China has industrial parks in other member states of Association of Southeast Asian Nation (ASEAN), but has none in the Philippines.

Last year, the Philippines and China signed an agreement to partner in putting up the industrial parks in the country.

Zhao said by partnering with Philippine industries through the Chinese investment for industrial parks here, more jobs would be created for Filipinos while increasing the production capacity of the country.

Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez said China would be looking for local partners to develop its first industrial park here.

On the other hand, other countries could also locate within the Chinese industrials park, added Lopez.

The trade chief said five locations are being considered for the establishment of the Chinese industrial parks, which include three locations in Luzon and two in Mindanao. (Kris Crismundo/PNA)

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...