Chinese, Japanese firms eye investments, source labor in NegOcc

By Nanette Guadalquiver | Philippine News Agency

BACOLOD CITY — Two groups of businessmen from China and Japan have arrived in Negros Occidental to explore investment opportunities and source labor for construction projects.

City Administrator John Orola met with the executives from Zhejiang International Contractors Association of China and the Multi-Contractors Cooperative of Japan, during their courtesy call at the Bacolod City Government Center on Monday.

They discussed their investment plans and labor-sourcing initiatives in the province, Orola said.

The delegations were joined by Murcia Councilor Johnny Reosura, president of NJ Builders Corp., and Leah Tinsay, president of Tricastle International.

Reosura said the firms’ officials will sign a cooperation agreement with the Murcia municipal government in a ceremony to be held at the town’s Association of Barangay Captains Hall on Tuesday afternoon.

Zhejiang International Contractors Association, a non-profit social organization, has 130 member companies with more than 2,000 projects in more than 150 countries.

Meanwhile, Multi-Contractors Cooperative, which is servicing at least 60 construction firms in Japan, had been training workers from Negros Occidental for construction jobs in their country in the past several years.

For the latest update (s) about the story, visit the Philippine News Agency website

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...