Chinese real estate firm eyes projects in PH

By Kris Crismundo (PNA)

MANILA — One of the biggest real estate developers in China, Country Garden Group, is eyeing to put up hotel and residential projects in the Philippines.

According to the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), Country Garden will send representatives for the business delegation joining Chinese President Xi Jinping in his visit here this month.

Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez and Country Garden General Manager Wang Xingjun met on the sidelines of the China International Import Expo last week in Shanghai, wherein the latter expressed the company’s interest in the Philippine market.

“More investors, like Country Garden, have expressed their confidence in the country’s economic stability and business environment under the Duterte administration. They wish to partner with us in providing more jobs and opportunities for Filipinos,” Lopez said.

Country Garden plans to bring in its Country Garden and Rise Land brands in the Philippine real estate market, according to DTI.

Aside from hotel and residential projects, the Chinese firm also eyes investment opportunities in construction and building materials, taking advantage of the country’s robust construction sector.

Country Garden is involved in property development, construction, decoration, property management, property investment, as well as hotel development and management.

It developed more than 1,000 residential, business, and urban construction projects in China, Malaysia, and Australia.

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...