Contingency protocol saves PCSO 3-digit draw

Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) on Thursday confirmed that a minor glitch occurred during its 3-Digit game 2 p.m. draw on Tuesday (Feb. 27) after one of its draw machines failed to capture one of the winning balls.

The 3-Digit draw offers a top prize of P4,500 for each winning ticket.

General Manager Mel Robles explained that their technical team immediately responded and fixed the problem by using the standby machine which was approved based on the ISO 9001-2018 procedure.

“It’s not the first time that this happens and we want to assure the public that we are prepared for this kind of unexpected incident with our established ISO-approved protocols,” he said.

GM Robles added that the PCSO also previously experienced a glitch in one of its draws in 2008 and similar incidents have also happened even in the United States when their lottery machines also malfunctioned.

In the past 25 years, this was only the second time that a minor glitch had happened at PCSO while conducting an official draw.

“For this thing to happen is very remote. But we are prepared and we assure the public that our commitment to a transparent, fair and authentic lottery games will never waver, and is as strong as ever,” GM Robles stressed. (PR)

Popular

NMC backs DND over infra works, dev’t in West PH Sea features

By Brian Campued The National Maritime Council (NMC) on Saturday expressed support for the Department of National Defense (DND) for its rejection of recent statements...

Filipino astrophysics students’ ‘Double Gyroscope’ experiment performed by NASA astronaut in space

By Brian Campued An experiment designed by Filipino students was recently carried out by a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) astronaut aboard the International...

Can an arrest warrant be served to a suspect’s lawyer? NBI says no

By Brian Campued A warrant of arrest cannot be served to a suspect’s legal counsel, according to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). In a press...

Palace declares May 27 regular holiday for Eid al-Adha

By Brian Campued Malacañang has declared May 27, 2026 a regular holiday in observance of Eid al-Adha or the “Feast of Sacrifice” in Islam. The announcement...