CORDS convenes to address peace and development priorities in Northern Mindanao

PR/via PCOO Usec. Rocky Ignacio

CABANGLASAN, BUKIDNON – Northern Mindanao have come up with several strategies to strengthen partnership and collaboration in implementing programs and projects that support the region’s peace and development agenda.

Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Martin Andanar presided over the Joint Region X Regional Development Council (RDC) and Regional Peace and Order Council (RPOC) meeting on Friday following the launch of the Convergence Areas for Peace and Development (CAPDev) here.

Andanar, who is the Cabinet representative for Cabinet Officers for Regional Development and Security (CORDS) Region X, called on the participants to map-out the activities that need to be conducted in the succeeding months to move the peace and development agenda forward.

“For the second half of this year, groundworks are well underway in achieving the goals of EO 70. In fact, this joint meeting shall apprise us on what have been done so far in terms of cascading EO 70 down to the local level,” Andanar said in a speech as he opened the meeting.

CAPDev operationalizes President Rodrigo Roa Duterte’s Executive Order 70, which established the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (NTF-ELCAC). The program espouses a focused, coordinated, and sustained delivery of the government’s basic services as well as social development packages in poor, conflict-affected and geographically isolated and disadvantaged areas in the region.

During the meeting, Andanar endorsed the proposal on the structure for the institutional and implementing mechanism of the Regional Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (RTF-ELCAC).

Let us remain steadfast in pushing forward the peace and development priorities of Northern Mindanao. I would like to thank our development partners who relentlessly plan for, push and implement programs and projects to improve the living conditions of each Filipino in the region,” Andanar said.

He thanked the RDC and RPOC for the unwavering support despite the short timelines to work on.

“Together, we can build a truly safe, secure, and progressive communities,” Andanar said.

“Since the issuance of EO 70 in December of last year, we continue to work together on how best this can be operationalized. For Region X, you relentlessly pursued our initiatives, particularly CAPDev,” he added.

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...