COVID-19 vaccinated individuals to get more incentives

By Alec Go

More incentives for COVID-19 vaccine recipients are being eyed to boost vaccine confidence in the country.

Department of Health (DOH) Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said in the May 29 Laging Handa briefing that coordination is ongoing for the provision of incentives on top of those offered by local governments and the private sector.

“Tayo na rin po ay nakikipag-usap ‘no with the other agencies kung paano tayo makakapagbigay ng further incentives. Katulad po noong mga incentives sa ating mga programa sa gobyerno,” Vergeire said.

“So titingnan po natin iyan at magbibigay po tayo ng additional information in the coming days,” she added.

Vergeire said they welcome and support the initiative of local government units (LGUs) to elevate vaccine confidence and uptake amid the reluctance of some individuals.

Earlier this week, Las Piῆas unveiled its incentive program which offers vaccinated individuals the chance to own a brand new house and lot, motorcycle, and grocery items.

Barangay Sucat in Muntinlupa City also launched its “Bigas sa Bakuna” or rice for vaccination raffle promo for inoculated individuals.

Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Secretary Ramon Lopez said on May 20 that some restaurant and fast food chain owners are also planning to provide discounts to vaccinated individuals.

As of May 25, 4,495,375 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered nationwide. Out of this figure, 1,029,061 are fully vaccinated. -rir 

 

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...