CSC calls for more ready career service examinees

TACLOBAN CITY — The Civil Service Commission (CSC) regional office here has called on aspiring government workers to seriously prepare for eligibility examinations, noting the very low passing rate last year.

CSC assistant regional director Rowin Riños reiterated the call on Thursday as their central office recently released the computerized examination (COMEX) schedule for Career Service Examination nationwide.

Citing results of the August 2017 traditional paper and pencil tests, only 594 out of 7,723 actual takers passed in Eastern Visayas. The number represents only 7.69 percent of the total number of examinees for professional level.

For the sub-professional level, the CSC said a passing rate of 7.85 percent with only 49 passers out of 624 takers.

Riños said questions in the examinations had been discussed from elementary to college and applicants just needed to review their notes to answer and pass the test.

“Ability of the examinee is the main reason. There’s no more educational attainment to qualify to take the examination for as long as you are 18 years old,” Rinos told PNA.

The CSC confers to successful examinees the career service eligibility, one of the basic requirements for permanent appointment to technical and clerical positions in the government.

The agency announced the conduct of COMEX professional level examinations in participating CSC regional offices on February 8 and 15, April 12, 19, and 26, May 17 and 24, and June 7, 21, and 28. The sub-professional level will be conducted on May 31.

The COMEX is on top of paper and pencil tests held twice a year. The first one is scheduled on March 18 with January 31 as the deadline for filing of applications.

Interested applicants must create an account through the COMEX website and reserve a slot six days prior to their desired exam date. (PNA)

Popular

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...