DFA: No Filipino hurt in missile attack in Saudi airport

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora/Philippine News Agency

MANILA — The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Thursday reported no Filipino was injured in the June 12 missile attack in Saudi Arabia.

In its advisory, the agency asked members of the Filipino community “to keep a vigilant watch on potential threats to their security and to continue to abide by the security measures and protocols established by the Saudi government, as well as the country’s laws, rules, and regulations”.

The agency said a total of 26 people were injured after a missile hit the arrivals hall of the Abha International Airport southwest of Saudi Arabia on Wednesday. A total of 18 people sustained minor injuries while another eight were taken to the hospital.

Ambassador to Saudi Arabia Adnan Alonto assured that no Filipino was injured during the attack and that the embassy together with the Philippine Consulate General in Jeddah will “continue to monitor the situation”.

He said further security-related incidents, information on developing security situations on the ground, and requests for assistance may be brought to the attention of the embassy.

Filipinos who may require assistance are encouraged to immediately contact the Embassy’s Assistance to Nationals (ATN) section at +96611-480-1918 (landline), +96656 989 3301 (hotline) or [email protected] (email), or the Consulate General’s ATN section at +96655 219 613 or +966055 219 614 (hotline) or [email protected].

For the latest updates about this story, visit the Philippine News Agency website

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...