DFA: No Filipinos affected in Seoul flooding

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said Wednesday, Aug. 10, that no Filipinos have been affected so far in the recent flooding in Seoul, South Korea.

At least nine people have died and seven were left missing after Seoul was lashed by severe rainfalls, the heaviest in 80 years.

DFA Spokesperson Ma. Teresita Daza assured they are monitoring the situation of the Filipino community in Korea and coordinating with the Filipinos who have been affected by the massive flooding.

“The embassy continues to monitor and reach out to the Filipino community during this record, the first in 80 years for Korea,” Daza said. –Report from Catleya Antonio/KC – gb 

Popular

ICC rejects Duterte appeal for interim release

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora | Philippine News Agency The International Criminal Court (ICC) Appeals Chamber has denied former President Rodrigo Duterte’s appeal to overturn...

PH seeking Malaysia, Singapore help in locating Zaldy Co’s air assets —PBBM

By Brian Campued President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. has directed the Department of Transportation (DOTr) and the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) to...

‘Handog ng Pangulo’: PBBM brings aid, gov’t services to IPs in Zamboanga City

By Brian Campued “Nandito kami.” In line with the administration’s broader effort to ensure that no community is left behind in the “Bagong Pilipinas,” President Ferdinand...

PBBM lauds new San Lazaro Residences in Manila City

By Brian Campued President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Thursday commended the Manila City government for its in-city vertical housing project that will benefit healthcare...