DILG: ‘No vax, no ride’ policy only in areas under Alert Level 3 and above

By Pearl Gumapos

Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Undersecretary Jonathan Malaya on Monday (Jan. 31) clarified that the “no vax, no ride” policy is only applicable in areas under Alert Level 3 and up.

He added that Philippine National Police (PNP) checkpoints are still present in areas under Alert Level 3 and that citizens must still hold on to their vaccination cards in case they encounter checkpoints.

“Ang polisiyang ‘no vax, no ride’ ay applicable lamang kung ang isang lugar ay nasa Alert Level 3 at pataas. Ngayon po ay nasa Alert Level 2 tayo, magmula bukas ay hindi na ito puwedeng ipatupad,” Malaya said during the Laging Handa public briefing.

“Ngunit iyong mga checkpoints ng PNP na pinautos ng ating Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte ay tuloy pa rin po sa mga lugar na nasa Alert Level 3. So, patuloy pa rin po ang pagbabantay ng ating kapulisan sa mga areas na under Alert Level 3,” he said.

Meanwhile, the DILG also expressed its full support regarding the de-escalation to Alert Level 2 of the National Capital Region (NCR) and other areas.

 

“Ito po ay suportado 100% ng DILG kasi nakabase naman po ito sa mga datos. Mayroong pagbaba ng 67% ang new cases sa NCR. Ang average natin last week was 13,200 tapos naging 4,398 na lamang,” Malaya said.

“Ang ating healthcare utilization rate ay nasa 40%, so low-risk. So, sa tingin namin ay napapanahon na para mailagay tayo sa Alert Level 2,” he added. -ag

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...