Displaced QC workers not entitled to government cash aid getting help from Kalingang QC program

Quezon City residents not covered by the national government’s enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) financial assistance can receive a one-time P2,000 cash aid under the revived Kalingang QC program, according to Mayor Joy Belmonte.

Through Belmonte’s Executive Order No. 19 S-2021, financial assistance will be extended to QC residents who have lost their jobs or other sources of livelihood during the ECQ implementation but are not entitled to cash aid from the national government.

“We will prioritize persons who are physically residing in Quezon City and not receiving ayuda under the national government’s ECQ financial assistance and those who will not receive any form of cash aid,” said Belmonte.

The Mayor said those entitled are persons who would not receive wages as well as self-employed individuals not permitted to work for the duration of the ECQ until Aug. 20.

“The order applies to any employment status, whether regular, probationary, seasonal, part-time, project-based or fixed term employees,” Belmonte pointed out.

The Social Services Development Department (SSDD), Barangay Community Relations Department (BCRD), Public Employment Services Office (PESO), and the Business Permits and Licensing Department (BPLD) are mandated to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of the order.

Eligible applicants may fill up and submit application forms together with documentary requirements with their respective barangays.

After the BCRD consolidates the applications, it will screen and verify them together with the SSDD, PESO, and BPLD for approval.

All approved applicants will be notified by the SSDD as to the mode of how aid is to be received, whether via direct cash payout, electronic or digital means, cash card payments, or transfer of funds through the local government.

Documentary requirements include a QCitizen ID or government-issued ID showing the address of the beneficiary and a certification from the employer or payslip showing non-receipt of salary for the duration of the ECQ.

Self-employed individuals may present a residence certificate from the barangay and the undertaking that their jobs are not permitted work or occupation during ECQ, thus leaving them with no income.

During the first implementation of the Kalingang QC program last year, the Quezon City government distributed almost P1.2 billion in financial assistance to almost 600,000 residents.
(Quezon City Government)

Popular

Can an arrest warrant be served to a suspect’s lawyer? NBI says no

By Brian Campued A warrant of arrest cannot be served to a suspect’s legal counsel, according to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). In a press...

Palace declares May 27 regular holiday for Eid al-Adha

By Brian Campued Malacañang has declared May 27, 2026 a regular holiday in observance of Eid al-Adha or the “Feast of Sacrifice” in Islam. The announcement...

DOJ tasks PNP, NBI to ‘effect the arrest’ of Bato

By Brian Campued “We’re pursuing this so that the ends of justice may be achieved.” The Department of Justice (DOJ) has given the greenlight for law...

PH earns 76/100 transparency score in int’l survey

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “These achievements are encouraging. For us in government, these however, are not the destination.” In his keynote speech on Wednesday, Department of...