DOH: Adverse events after COVID-19 inoculation minimal

By Ma. Teresa Montemayor | Philippine News Agency

MANILA – The rate of adverse events following COVID-19 vaccination is only .07% of the total jabs administered, a health official said Tuesday (March 29).

In an online media forum, Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire noted that reports of adverse events following immunization (AEFI) remain at a minimal rate since the COVID-19 vaccine rollout started last year.

“Ang number of suspected adverse reaction reports is about 94,000 plus or .07%, these are the minor adverse effects,” she said.

So far, a total of 140 million doses of COVID-19 jabs have been administered in the country.

More than 65 million individuals are fully vaccinated while 11.8 million have received their booster shot.

“‘Yung sa serious adverse effects, it’s just .0005% out of those total doses administered,” Vergeire said.

She clarified only those who were reported to have serious AEFI undergo expert evaluation or causality assessment.

The Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) will process compensation for the family of individuals who suffered from serious AEFI once a final decision of causality has been issued by the experts of the National Adverse Events Following Immunization Committee.

“We’ll have PhilHealth issue this out for the information of the public,” Vergeire said. (PNA)-ngs

Popular

DOJ tasks PNP, NBI to ‘effect the arrest’ of Bato

By Brian Campued “We’re pursuing this so that the ends of justice may be achieved.” The Department of Justice (DOJ) has given the greenlight for law...

PH earns 76/100 transparency score in int’l survey

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “These achievements are encouraging. For us in government, these however, are not the destination.” In his keynote speech on Wednesday, Department of...

PBBM to LGUs: Ensure efficient use of budget for community empowerment

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Wednesday urged local government units (LGUs) to ensure the prudent and...

ICC warrant vs. Bato ‘valid’ after SC rejection of TRO request —Palace

By Brian Campued The warrant of arrest issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa is “valid,” according to Palace...