DOH: Fully vaxxed adults may get boosters starting Dec. 3

By Ma. Teresa Montemayor / Philippine News Agency

All fully vaccinated adults may receive their COVID-19 booster shots starting Dec. 3, the Department of Health (DOH) said Thursday (Dec. 2).

In a public advisory, the DOH said persons who have completed their primary series of COVID-19 jabs can be inoculated with the following brands regardless of which vaccines are taken in the first two doses.

DOH’s recommended booster dose combinations. (Photo from DOH)

In a Viber message to reporters, Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said booster shots may be administered six months after the second dose for all vaccines.

“Except for Janssen, three months after second dose,” she said.

The DOH said the National Vaccination Operations Center will issue the operational guidelines on its implementation.

The administration of booster shots began last month, starting with healthcare workers and persons with comorbidities.

The latest move comes amid the threat of the newly identified Omicron variant of the coronavirus which has spread across Europe.

As more vaccines arrive, either donated or procured, the government further pushes the vaccination numbers with the aim to fully protect at least 54 million individuals before year end. (PNA) – jlo

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...