DOH: Nearly entire vaccine supply already distributed

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora/PNA

More than 98% of the country’s vaccine supply has been distributed, with the few remaining doses serving as “buffer stocks”, Department of Health (DOH) Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said on Saturday (June 12).

The remaining supplies at DOH warehouses will serve as a buffer in case the LGUs that received previous batches require additional doses, Vergeire said at the Laging Handa briefing.

She said the newly delivered one million doses from Sinovac and more than two million of Pfizer-BioNTech shots from the COVAX Facility will be deployed as soon as possible.

Vergeire said a shortage was noted in some areas due to delays in deliveries in May.

“Now that new stocks have arrived, their (LGUs’) supplies will be replenished and they can start vaccinating again,” she said.

As of this posting, the country has so far received more than 12 million doses of coronavirus vaccines, both procured and donated.

The latest shipment contained 100,000 doses of government-procured Sputnik V vaccines from Russia that arrived at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3 on Friday night. (PNA) – jlo

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...