DOTr sets another test run for Dailan trains starting Jan. 23

By Aerol John Pateña/PNA

MANILA — Test runs for another set of trains purchased from Chinese firm CCRC Dalian for the Metro Rail Transit Line 3 (MRT-3) will start from Jan. 23 to Feb. 1, 2019, the Department of Transportation-MRT 3 (DOTr-MRT 3) said Thursday.

“According to the PMO (project management office) handling Dalian trains, the validation testing of the third train set will run from Jan. 23 to Feb. 1, 2019 from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.,” the DOTr-MRT 3 said in an advisory.

The train set will be undergoing a 1,000 kilometer-test run for 150 hours before these are deployed during peak hours of the MRT-3’s operations.

In an earlier interview, DOTr communications director Godess Hope Libiran said the Philippine National Railways (PNR) will evaluate if the train set can be utilized for the regular operations of the railway system.

“If PNR endorses that the train set be allowed to run regularly at the MRT-3 mainline, MRT-3 will sign an acceptance document,” Libiran said.

The MRT-3 has deployed its first train set, which consists of three cars from October 27 to November 21 last year, while another was deployed from Dec. 11 to 23, 2018.

A total of 48 Dalian light rail vehicles were delivered to the country in 2016 but were not deployed to the MRT line due to compatibility issues.

Supplier CCRC Dalian eventually agreed to absorb the costs for the adjustments of the trains.

Popular

Logistics pact to boost provision of supplies, services between PH, Japan forces —DND

By Brian Campued The Philippines and Japan’s defense ties continue to deepen as the Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA) entered into force Saturday, establishing a...

Drop in poverty incidence affirms effective gov’t programs

By Jose Cielito Reganit | Philippine News Agency The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) believes the historic drop in poverty incidence to 9.7%...

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...