DOTr shares assessment on start of public transportation’s second phase

The Department of Transportation (DOTr) has given its assessment on the start of the second phase of public transportation under the general community quarantine on Monday, June 22.

DOTr Special Adviser Engr. Bert Suansing said 4,600 city buses have been operating today in more than 30 routes while 308 modern public utility jeepneys (PUJ) have returned to the road.

The following are the 15 Metro Manila routes for PUJ:

– Novaliches – Malinta via Paso de Blas –
Bagumbayan Taguig – Pasig via San Joaquin
– Fort Bonifacio Gate 3 – Guadalupe-Market Market-ABC Loop Service
– Pandacan – Leon Guinto
– Quezon Avenue – LRT 5th Avenue Station
– Cubao (Diamond) – Roces Super Palengke
– EDSA Buendia-Mandaluyong City Hall via Jupiter, Rockwell
– Divisoria-Gasak via H. Lopez
– Punta-Quiapo via Sta. Ana – Boni Pinatubo – Stop and Shop, vice versa
– Boni Robinson’s Complex-Kalentong/JRC vice versa
– Nichols-Vito Cruz
– Filinvest City Loop
– Alabang Town Center (ATC)-Ayala Alabang Village
– Vito Cruz Taft Avenue-PITX Loop Service

Suansing said the routes of modern PUJs, buses and other mass transport systems such as trains must be interconnected.
“Halimbawa dito sa Maynila, nakatira ka sa Pritil. Pupunta ka ng Rizal Avenue. Wala lang masasakyan, maglalakad ka para makasakay ka ng LRT (For example, in Manila, you live in Pritil. You are heading to Rizal Avenue. There’s no transportation, you have to walk so you can ride in an LRT).”

Suansing pointed out that modern jeepneys have their own routes and must not take the bus routes. The DOTr also emphasized that modern jeepneys have been allowed to operate in accordance with health protocols since they observe the cashless payment scheme.

Meanwhile, the LTFRB said traditional jeepneys and the UV Express might be utilized, depending on public demand.

Motorcycle taxis like Angkas are still not allowed. The LTFRB is also finalizing the matter concerning provincial buses. – Report from Allan Francisco

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...