DPWH upgrades drainage system, evacuation centers in Valenzuela and Caloocan City

The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) recently completed projects that will benefit residents living in flood-prone areas of Valenzuela and Caloocan City.

In his report to Secretary Mark A. Villar, DPWH-National Capital Region Director Melvin B. Navarro said DPWH-Metro Manila Third District Engineering Office (MMIIIDEO) has rehabilitated the road and drainage facilities along Espiritu Street in Barangay Marulas, Valenzuela City.

“Espiritu Street was previously a deteriorated roadway with irregular width pavement and insufficient drainage system. The amount of P9.4 million was allocated for its rehabilitation, making it a safer road sans flooding in this specific area,” Director Navarro said.

Also completed by MMIIIDEO are the improvement of Tañada covered court in Barangay Gen. T. De Leon, Valenzuela City and construction of a multi-purpose covered court at Vista Verde Subdivision in Barangay 166, Caloocan City.

“These multipurpose structures can be used as emergency relocation or temporary shelter of families living within the CAMANAVA area which is frequently affected by flooding,” said Director Navarro. (DPWH-PR)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...