Drive-thru COVID-19 vax opens in Nayong Pilipino

A mega vaccination facility at the Nayong Pilipino Foundation in Paraῆaque City opened its doors for drive-thru inoculation services on Thursday (Aug. 12), in line with the country’s strengthened vaccination program.  

The new facility, which was established in coordination with the private sector, can vaccinate 3,000 to 5,000 individuals within a day.

The National Task Force (NTF) Against COVID-19 said it will have an ambulatory vaccination area for walk-ins by September, raising its capacity to 15,000 individuals. 

The Mega COVID-19 Vaccination facility’s drive-thru service inside the Nayong Pilipino Foundation (NPF) in Parañaque City officially began operations on Thursday, August 12. (Photo Courtesy of NTF Against COVID-19)

“This facility will also help our poor people. Nag-usap na kami ni [Parañaque] Mayor [Edwin] Olivarez, at ang ano namin mga tricycle driver ‘yung iba. Basta ma-harmonize ang system,” NTF chief implementer and vaccine czar Carlito Galvez Jr. said in an interview.

Walk-ins are not yet allowed in the facility. Recipients are asked to present an ID and a QR code from their local governments showing that they have already registered for the vaccination program.

The national government expressed optimism that the country will not run out of vaccines as the supplies continue to be delivered, and that it will meet its daily vaccination target of 750,000 jabs a day.

“We can assure that we have a steady supply for August. We are expecting to receive 22 million to 25 million [doses],” Galvez said. – Report from Louisa Erispe/AG-rir

Watch full report here:

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...