DSWD-ARMM head quits

COTABATO CITY – Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) Vice Governor Haroun Alrashid Lucman Jr. resigned from his concurrent position as head of the region’s social welfare department, citing his desire to help in the rehabilitation and reconstruction efforts of battle-scarred Marawi City.

On Tuesday, lawyer Laisa Alamia, ARMM executive secretary, took over Lucman’s post also in concurrent capacity.

“It was a hard decision but a necessity owing to family decisions, the need to focus on future plans, to help in the Marawi rehabilitation, upcoming environment activities for Lanao through Ecowatch and as regional vice governor,” Lucman said.

He said he will lead efforts in implementing programs and projects designed for the rehabilitation and reconstruction of his hometown. Marawi was last year’s site of a fierce battle between government forces and local terror groups.
Military forces successfully retook Marawi after a five-month urban warfare against combined Abu Sayyaf and Maute terror elements, numbering close to 1,000.
Lucman’s stint began in 2013 as the DSWD-ARMM secretary leading the agency’s various programs and projects to help communities across the region.

The programs include the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps), the government’s poverty reduction strategy, Child and Youth Welfare Program (CYWP), Emergency Assistance Program (EAP), and Women’s Welfare Program (WWP). (PNA)

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...