DSWD to start releasing 4Ps grants next week

By Perla Lena and Ma. Leonora E. Estanque/PNA

ILOILO CITY — The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) will begin releasing cash grants to some 309,000 beneficiaries of the Pantawid Pamilya Pilipino Program (4Ps) in Western Visayas next week.

“We will release the amount covering the months of October and November 2018. Supposedly, we are going to start last January 14 but because of some limitations to the funds being downloaded from the Batasan branch of Landbank, we got delayed,” 4Ps regional program coordinator, Belen P. Gebusion, said in an interview Wednesday.

Gebusion added beneficiaries using cards can already withdraw starting the second week of January.

There is a total of 316,000 4Ps beneficiaries but only the 309,000 will be granted because the 7,000 members are subjected to delisting.

“The updating of the list is a regular activity for Pantawid because the program deals with the lives in the household and the age of the child changes. That is why they are subjected to regular updating,” Gebusion said.

So far, the DSWD does not have a policy for the inclusion of new members.

“That is covered by the no expansion policy. In fact, we are waiting for a call from the national (office) if we will expand or not. That is what we are really awaiting,” Gebusion said.

For 2019, the DSWD will focus on programs that can provide support and livelihood activities for all 4Ps members.

“DSWD cannot do this alone. That is why we have the Regional Convergence Committee where other agencies with support programs and services that could help the poor families are members,” Gebusion said.

The departments of health, education, interior and local government, and trade; Technical Education and Skills Development Authority; and other regional offices with sustainable livelihood programs and offer scholarships are part of the committee.

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...