DSWD turns over P49.9 M for Batangas’ livelihood program

BATANGAS CITY – The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) has turned over close to PHP50 million to the Batangas provincial government for the province’s sustainable livelihood program.

Provincial information office chief Jenelyn Aguilera told PNA on Friday that Governor Hermilando Mandanas received the check amounting to PHP49.97 million from DSWD Assistant Secretary Jose Antonio Hernandez during simple rites at the Provincial Capitol auditorium early this week.

Hernandez also encouraged the program proponents and recipients to ensure that the government funds are well spent, especially for the indigent family beneficiaries for the livelihood programs to improve their living conditions.

He said it is easier to process the request for financial support from the national government, provided the funds are well-liquidated by the program recipient-agencies and offices.

The Sustainable Livelihood Program is undertaken by the province’s lead implementor Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office (PSWDO), headed by Joy Montalbo.

Aguilera also said that the funds would benefit the 4Ps members for capacity building and training to empower them to sustain their livelihood and address basic necessities.

According to the PSWDO, the funds would also finance three major projects: Micro Enterprise Development, Employment Facilitation Project, and Community Core Group Formation.

The provincial social welfare office also said that the beneficiaries of these projects had already been pre-identified.

Joining the DSWD official for the turn-over rite was Calabarzon Assistant Regional Director Annie Mendoza.

Members of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan (provincial legislative council), Capitol officials and staff expressed their appreciation to the DSWD funding support for the provincial livelihood programs. (Saul Pa-a/PNA)

Popular

Filipinos nabbed in China ordinary citizens with no military training

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora | Philippine News Agency The National Security Council (NSC) has expressed alarm over the arrest of three Filipino nationals for...

PH Contingent lends helping hand on rescue, medical ops in quake-hit Myanmar

By Brian Jules Campued The Philippine Inter-Agency Humanitarian Contingent (PIAHC) on Friday continued to assist in rescue and medical operations in Myanmar as the Southeast...

PBBM cites need to promote Filipino food for ‘experiential tourism’

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday emphasized the importance of promoting Filipino native delicacies and cuisines...

Gov’t measures vs. inflationary pressures effective — NEDA

By Kris Crismundo and Stephanie Sevillano | Philippine News Agency Government efforts to control inflation are showing results as the country’s inflation rate continued to...