DTI campaigns for ‘Balik Eskwela Diskwento’

SAN JOSE De BUENAVISTA, Antique — The Department of Trade and Industry’s (DTI) office in Antique is urging enterprise owners here to join the province-wide “Balik Eskwela Diskwento” from May 30 to June 3.

DTI-Antique information officer, Lynna Joy Cardinal, said on Wednesday that they met with businessmen and their representatives on Monday to enlist their support for the annual activity before school opens.

“We are encouraging the stall owners, particularly at the San Jose de Buenavista Business Park, to join in the promotional sale,” Cardinal said, adding that the Gaisano, Robinson’s Mall and Unitop have again signified their intention to participate.

“We appeal to the corporate social responsibility of the other stores to provide discounts to students,” she said.

With the list of participating stores to be finalized on May 25, the DTI office requested businessmen to coordinate with them so their stores could be included in the tarpaulin and in their media promotions.

Last year, the DTI generated a total income of PHP1.4 million from 15 participating stores that gave discounts to 10,777 buyers.

“We hope to again reach last year’s sales, if not exceed it,” Cardinal said. (Annabel Consuelo Petinglay/PNA)

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...