Duque tells DOH officials to reveal conflict of interest

MANILA — Health Secretary Francisco Duque III issued a memo Tuesday directing all officials of his department to disclose any conflict of interest in relation to the use of pharmaceutical products and medical devices.

“It is the duty of the Department of Health (DOH) to uphold the integrity of its vital processes, particularly with regard to crafting technical recommendation and decisions concerning the purchase, procurement, deployment and use of pharmaceutical products and medical devices to ensure that they work in the best interest of Filipino patients,” read the memo.

Duque, who previously chaired the Civil Service Commission, issued the memo in light of the government’s thrust to promote transparency and to prevent corrupt practices.

He said all personnel, including consultants and resource speakers, should strictly abide by the DOH rules on the management of any potential conflict of interest.

The health chief emphasized the importance of following department procedures to prevent any conflict of interest between DOH personnel’s work at the department and their private practice, which could compromise their public
duty to protect the safety and welfare of citizens.

Duque also reminded DOH personnel about the “No Gift-Giving Policy”, which bans any remuneration, whether directly or indirectly, in cash or in kind, in return for deals, transactions or purchase of services or health products covered by the department. (Leilani Junio/PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...