Duterte to SAP Go: Tell the truth

MANILA — President Rodrigo R. Duterte has advised his Special Assistant, Secretary Christopher “Bong” Go to tell “the truth only” in Monday’s Senate probe on the Philippine Navy’s Frigate Acquisition Project (FAP).

Go, before appearing at the Senate hearing, told his supporters gathered outside the Senate building Monday morning, that he had nothing to do with the frigate deal and only the truth will be revealed.

Lalabas po ang totoo ngayong araw na ito. Sasabihin ko lahat. Wala naman po talaga akong alam dito, (The truth will surface today. I will tell everything. I do not know anything about it),” Go said.

Present at the hearing are Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar, and Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II, among others.

Roque at the hearing

While not really invited to participate in Monday’s hearing on the frigate deal, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque was also present to show his support for Go.

Roque earlier insisted that the project was completed during the term of then president Benigno Aquino III and was just signed on Oct. 24, 2016 during the Duterte administration.

“It was the Aquino administration which chose Hyundai Heavy Industries as supplier of the two frigates, including the supply of the boat, the navigation, the communications, and the combat management systems (CMS),” Roque said in a statement Sunday.

Go has been accused of having intervened in the FAP contract worth PHP18 billion, including its weapon systems and munitions. He earlier denied the allegation, saying he was unfairly dragged into the mess. (Filane Mikee Cervantes and Priam Nepomuceno/PNA)

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...