Duterte’s drug war gets ‘very good’ rating anew

File Photo: President Rodrigo Roa Duterte discusses the pressing concerns of the country during a dialogue with Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Salvador Panelo at the Malacañan Palace on September 11, 2018. ROBINSON NIÑAL JR./PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO

MANILA — The campaign against illegal drugs of President Rodrigo Duterte continued to enjoy high net satisfaction ratings, scoring a “very good” rating, based on the latest Social Weather Stations (SWS) survey.

According to the 2018 SWS second-quarter survey, at least 78 percent of the respondents said they were satisfied with the relentless campaign against illegal drugs.

On the other hand, 13 percent was dissatisfied while 9 percent was undecided, resulting in a net satisfaction rating of +65 percent.

The net satisfaction rating is a point higher compared to the same period last year, while it is 3 percent better compared to the 2018 first quarter survey.

Duterte’s war on drugs scored “excellent” or +84 net satisfaction rating in Mindanao.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque welcomed the survey, saying “this is a testament that the drug war continues to enjoy broad support of our people.

This, he added, is despite the efforts of Duterte’s detractors to “politicize the issue or discredit the campaign’s success.”

“Filipinos aspire for a crime-free society which can be realized by stopping the spread of criminality and fighting the scourge of drugs,” Roque said in a statement.

On the critics’ claim that the arrest of “tambays” (loiterers) is a violation of human rights, Roque said Duterte has already clarified that he did not order the arrest of “tambays”.

He said authorities have already issued guidelines that they would not bring to the police station those without violations. (PNA)

Popular

Logistics pact to boost provision of supplies, services between PH, Japan forces —DND

By Brian Campued The Philippines and Japan’s defense ties continue to deepen as the Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA) entered into force Saturday, establishing a...

Drop in poverty incidence affirms effective gov’t programs

By Jose Cielito Reganit | Philippine News Agency The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) believes the historic drop in poverty incidence to 9.7%...

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...