Election officers in 3 Visayas cities reshuffled

By Nanette Guadalquiver/PNA

BACOLOD CITY — The Commission on Elections (Comelec) has ordered the re-assignments of election officers in three highly-urbanized cities in the Visayas ahead of the May 13 mid-term elections.

Bacolod City Election Officer IV Mavil Majarucon-Sia confirmed that she has received the order dated February 11 issued by Comelec Executive Director Jose M. Tolentino Jr. for the reshuffling supposed to take effect on February 12.

Based on the directive, a copy of which she provided to reporters on Friday, Majarucon-Sia will be transferred to Iloilo City.

She will be replaced by Election Officer IV Ann Janette Lamban, who is from Lapu-Lapu City.

Election Officer Reinier Layson IV, meanwhile, will leave his post in Iloilo City to assume Lamban’s former assignment.

“Pursuant to the authority vested in me through Minute Resolution No. 15-0468 dated June 23, 2015 and in the exigency of service, you are hereby reassigned effective February 12,” Tolentino said in the directive.

Majarucon-Sia said after receiving the order last week, she requested to extend the date of her assumption as election officer of Iloilo City.

“I needed at least a week to wind up my activities in Comelec-Bacolod,” she said.

On February 19, Majarucon-Sia said Layson will turn over his post to her, and she will take over as acting election officer of Iloilo City.

However, she has yet to know the actual date of Lamban’s assumption of office in Bacolod City.

“The activities in Bacolod are almost done. We have finalized the list of voters and the list of the electoral board is almost finished,” Majarucon-Sia said.

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...