Evasco running for Bohol guv: solon

REELECTIONIST SOLON. Bohol 2nd District Rep. Erico Aristotle Aumentado proudly shows his Certificate of Nomination and Acceptance (CONA) and Certificate of Candidacy (COC) with Commission on Elections-Bohol provincial supervisor Eliseo Labaria. (Photo courtesy of Dave Charles Responte)

TAGBILARAN CITY – Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco Jr. is running for Bohol governor, Bohol 2nd District Representative Erico Aristotle Aumentado said.

“Evasco will definitely run for governor,” Aumentado told members of the Bohol media on Monday, contrary to national media reports last week.

Aumentado said the Nationalist People’s Coalition (NPC) has already issued Evasco’s Certificate of Nomination and Acceptance (CONA) for governor. Aumentado is the provincial chairman of the NPC in Bohol.

The 2nd District congressman said Evasco will file his candidacy for governor before 5 p.m. on Wednesday. He added there is no truth that Evasco will enter the gubernatorial derby by way of substitution.

Aumentado added that incumbent 2nd District Board Member Tomas Abapo Jr. will be Evasco’s running mate, also under the NPC party.

Aumentado, who is seeking reelection as 2nd District representative, filed his certificate of candidacy (COC) before the provincial office of the Commission on Elections (Comelec) on Monday in the company of his wife, Vannessa, and mother, Greenie.

Abapo also filed his COC for vice governor on Monday together with Gloria Gemintiza, Mimi Boniel-Maglasang, and Isidore Besas, who are all candidates for provincial board member in the 2nd District.

Meanwhile, the Partido Federal ng Pilipinas was launched in Bohol also on Monday. The launching was headed by 3rd District congressional candidate Conchita “Che” Toribio-de los Reyes.

Senior citizen party-list Rep. Jun Datol, some mayoral candidates, and supporters attended the launch. (Dave Albarado/PNA)

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...