Fate of source of fake PBBM medical report up to NBI —Palace

Presidential Communications Office Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro holds a press briefing at Malacañang on Wednesday, Feb. 18, 2026. (Photo courtesy: PCO)

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency

The fate of individuals behind the spread of fake medical records of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. now rests with the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), Malacañang said on Wednesday.

“Ang nagsampa naman po ay ang NBI. Kung ano po ang nakikita nilang nilabag sa batas, dapat panagutin,” Palace Press Officer Claire Castro said in a press briefing.

Vlogger Jason Argota, who allegedly circulated the fake medical records of Marcos Jr. for social media engagement, appeared before the NBI, in compliance with a subpoena issued against him.

Castro emphasized the need to enforce the law and hold offenders accountable.

She said issuing an apology is not enough to make up for the violations committed.

“Hindi po kasi ginagawang biro ang pagku-content, lalo na kung makakaapekto ito hindi lamang sa taong ginawa mong subject matter sa iyong content kung hindi sa buong tao, sa buong mamamayan na maaaring makapanood ng inyong mga fake news,” Castro said.

“So, nilalabanan po natin ang fake news, at hindi po dapat ito gagawin, at pagkasabi ng sorry ay tapos na.”

Castro said Argota can defend himself if he is not guilty.

Apart from Argota, the NBI is also investigating other personalities allegedly involved in spreading the false medical information about Marcos, including former broadcaster Jay Sonza.

Marcos previously took a short break from public engagements after being diagnosed with diverticulitis, an inflammation of small pouches in the colon.

He has since returned to his regular schedule, participating in public events.

Popular

PBBM wishes VP Sara ‘good luck’ in 2028 presidential bid —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Wednesday said that President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is wishing Vice President Sara Duterte “good luck” following her announcement of...

PBBM orders infra upgrades in Kalayaan Islands; port, airway eyed

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. has ordered a review of infrastructure needs in the Kalayaan Island Group...

Deped still studying proposed trimester shift

By Brian Campued The Department of Education (DepEd) clarified that no final decision has yet been made regarding its proposal to shift to a trimestral...

Galloping into 2026: What’s in store for your sign this Year of the Fire Horse?

By Brian Campued From the year of transformation and renewal in 2025, let us welcome 2026 with intense passion and determination. With the arrival of...